Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bunko or is it Bunco?




We have a really fun Bunko group in our neighborhood and this last Thursday was my month to host. My kids get to watch me get ready all day and set out the candy at all the tables, all the time wondering what Bunko is. I set out mini Charleston Chews on one of the tables, my kids' favorite. We also had Sierra Mist, which they were hoping wouldn't get finished off by "all" 12 ladies. The next day when the twins got home from school, their first questions was if there were any Charleston Chews left (they were in bed when Bunko was over). After lunch, we were going to play two games, one I choose (some type of learning) and one they choose. They chose Bunko. I have a Bunco game that was given to me a couple of years ago that I pulled out, which is the ? of the spelling, I have always spelled it Bunko, but the box is Bunco, so maybe I have been spelling it wrong all along, and hadn't noticed that everyone else spells it different? Or maybe Bunko is right? I personally like Bunko better. Anyway, back to the boys, we sat down to a card table and played Bunco. 21 was a little high for their attention span, so we played to 11, and I really wasn't sure if they would catch on to the counting of the numbers, but they did and they had a great time. They had their Sierra Mists and Charleston Chews right there to snack on.

No comments: