Monday, March 2, 2009

Adventures in Dirt Biking


Gavin finally got a dirt bike, yikes! He has always wanted one, and we told him if he'd save $300, we'd help him buy one, when he was about 8. He is a terrible saver, so I figured it would never happen, and then I wouldn't have to worry about him breaking his neck or leg or whatever else. Well, this last summer he worked for a family in our neighborhood with landscaping and made enough to give us $300 for the bike and buy him a cell phone, with a little left over. I lost the argument that he didn't really save and save and save. Steve finally started looking seriously and they went and looked at a few and bought this one. It is older and wasn't too expensive, since he will be learning on it. He tipped it over already, twice last night. I hope he survives his new adventures in dirt biking. Bridger said last night that when he grows up he wants to be a "dirt Biker" like Gavin. Too cute. I thought I had a picture of him on the bike, but maybe I didn't get one because he was driving too fast.

1 comment:

Hiedi said...

Wow! Fun for Gavin, I would be a worried mess. He will have a great time this summer. Now you have somthing BIG to take away if he does not listen....