Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Slow, Children at Play

In the nice weather we have been having, my boys have been riding their skateboards down our hill and flying onto the road in front of our house. It scares me to death that they are going to crash, or worse, be run over by a car. So I have been placing my "Slow, Children at Play" sign (my mother-in-law had it made because we lived on a really busy street before) out on the road, hopefully so cars would see it and pay attention that kids are around and hopefully slow down. It looks like its been working. But, when I came in the house today, they decided the bigger hill would make them go faster, and when I no longer heard their wheels going down the hill, I went looking. They had gone done the big hill onto the main road, which a car would not be able to stop. So, I guess they were being looked after by someone other then Mom on that little jaunt, because they came back unscathed, but with their tails between their legs as they saw me standing with hands on hips. It kind of reminded me of the "Poky Little Puppy" story. When I asked why they would go out there, they answered "Because we could go super fast" and "Mom, Don't be mad". See what happens when there is two, they never would have done that alone.


1 comment:

Hiedi said...

How fun, I need to find a board big enough so I can try that out!