Monday, October 27, 2008

Eva Nave Chandler




This last week, Steve and I traveled to Alabama for his Grandmother's Funeral. "Mema" was born on July 20, 1927 and lost her battle with cancer on October 20, 2008. She was a wonderful lady. She and Pappy would visit Utah at least once a year. They drove their motor home here, until the last couple of years. She was loved here and in Alabama. I was impressed with how their Church of Christ congregation banned together to help, during Mema's illness and after her death.

I was so impressed by how well my Mother-in-law held it all together. She has been in Alabama for the past month and for weeks at a time for the last 7 or 8 months, since her Mother was diagnosed. I know that couldn't have been easy for her, but we are glad she was able to be there. I was amazed by her strength through the viewing and funeral services. Steve must also get his emotional strength from his Mom. He was asked to speak at the funeral, which for me, would be an utterly impossible task, at any funeral. He did a really nice job, that would make his Mema proud.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you. By the way, I get my strength from your love.


LOVE YOU
Steve