Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kindergarten

School started last week for my older kids. Gracie started 3rd grade and Gage started 1st. We hit two milestones this year. Gavin started high school and Berek and Bridger started Kindergarten. Their (Bridger and Berek’s) first day was today. I have been so ready to have them go to school. A few hours a day to myself, to get to the things that never get gotten too. They went back and forth about whether they were going to ride the bus or not. I really wanted them to “need” me to take them to school. They really wanted to ride the bus, but they could see that I “needed” to take them. In the end they rode the bus, although we almost missed it because we couldn’t find Berek’s shoes. We had Gracie shouting at us the whole time to hurry (she hates to be late). They were so cute all lined up for the bus and they were so excited. I had my camera all ready to take pictures and had left the card in my computer, Crap! So. . . I sent my babies off and just stood there and thought, “Now What”, my babies are gone. I have been crying every time I talk or think about it ever since (like now, for instance). I so didn’t think it would hit me like this. I know I will start to appreciate it in a few days when I am actually getting projects done, like my basement. But for now, I’m going to sit around and cry and blame my dear sweet husband because I don’t still have a baby at home(just kidding, honey). Maybe I should eat bon bons and watch soap operas. What are bon bons, anyway?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bon Bons are a chocolate covered frozen treat. LOL I know you know what soaps are. You husband told me he would buy you a puppy. NO MORE KIDS, but he will help you try for one if you like. LOL

Love ya
Griff

shannon said...

Steve Steve Steve:) Cute blog, and I am glad to finally see Gracie on there:) fun huh!

Hiedi said...

Tam, love your blogg. I will be checking in to see how things are going. Too bad we did not do this when I lived back east that would have been awesome! I think I might have to try this out. Mrs. P would get a kick out of it.