Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!



So, I had a great idea to have a gingerbread house contest, and split us up into two groups and see whose house turned out the best. Gracie thought we should have all gotten one of our own, but since they are $9.00 a piece, and I didn't think royal frosting would turn out for me, I opted for 2 and to have the contest. We drew for teams;Bridger, Berek and Gracie got on my team, while Gavin and Gage got on Steve's. Right off the bat theirs was turning out better. Who would have thought my dear hubby would have a knack with frosting. I am pretty sure our frosting was defective, it would only come out in big globs. How big was that hole supposed to be, anyway? So I tried the Pampered chef cake decorator thing, which by the was is way over-rated, and just ended up in a big mess. As I decorated windows and doors with rows of frosting, well sort of, Berek picked up the original bag and went to town on the roof. He even managed icicles, in a way. Gracie was getting pretty frustrated with him. And when we went to put on the gingerbread people and the tree, Bridger had eaten the tree. Meanwhile Steve is loopty looing and perfecting his masterpiece. I teased him that atleast mine was a team effort. He did let the boys put a couple of candies on:). We voted, our won, of course, there were four of us. I think it was almost as messy as the pumpkins.

2 comments:

Hiedi said...

How fun! Steve err... Steves team did do a really good job. Who would have guessed. Yours looks good too. Your family photo is really great. What an adorable family.

*crazy 'bout volleyball* said...

What fun to decorate gingerbread houses. I am impressed that steve did so well. (let him know I said that!) Your kids are getting so big. It is hard to believe that we have lived away from each other for more that 3 years. We hope to see you before Christmas, but if not, Merry Christmas!