Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

As I watched the leaves start to blow yesterday afternoon, I thought to myself, "the weather girl was wrong, and just like every other year, it's going to turn cold tonight". But . . . It held out and was great. We headed over to the church for games and a chili cook off and then had the much anticipated "trunk or treat". Steve and I fight for the trunk position every year that he's home. I won this year and got to sit in the car and hand out candy and see all of the cute costumes. Trunk of treat sometimes gets a bad rap because it's not the traditional door-to-door. For me, the door-to-door is okay, but my kids had their buckets over flowing in a matter of minutes, what could be better than that. We (when I say we, I really mean I) decided that instead of buying new costumes, as we usually do, that the kids had to either pick out a costume that we already had, or build one with stuff they could find around the house. I had to talk Gracie into the Dorothy costume. She happened to have the perfect dress that I think she's only worn a couple of times. I agreed to temporarily die her hair, and that won her over. The die didn't come out as dark, but she loved it. Gage didn't want to be the dragon, but I bought the costume a couple of years ago, on clearance, and talked him into it because it wouldn't fit by next year. The twins couldn't decide between the iron man costumes they got for their birthday or the cowboys, but since they got to wear guns, the cowboys won again. So I guess if you really think about it, the kids were what they were because I am a good negotiator (LOL). Also, I won the decorated trunk contest, mainly for my "blinkie" lights. I didn't know they were judging the trunks, but you all know how I like to decorate, and I wanted to see if I could get the strobe light to work in my car. I really wanted to bring the fog machine, but the little converter we have doesn't have enough volts. Maybe a generator next year??? Happy Halloween.

1 comment:

Hiedi said...

Generator? Now that sounds more like it! You did have a great trunk and I hated being parked next to you for that reason;)